Thursday, March 13, 2008

Values....still finishing color....



I'm still working on the final color accents tonight after work but I finished the values 2 days ago so here's that. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to exaggerate and didn't feel confident in my original sketch so decided to get a final value painting. I'm using a combo of the 2 painting methods Jason taught by tinting (or glazing) first over the value underpainting and opaque color for finish...so basically a traditional fat over lean.

6 comments:

Jon Casey said...

beautiful mark! I especially like blurry exaggerated form of the body, bleeds right into the background. The highlights make me want to re-work mine again. I think your work is inspiring the rest of us to improve.
Jon

Tim Bye said...

Awesome work Mark - his head looks like a deadly weapon! You do some neat lighting too!

Unknown said...

Man am I jealous. That is so awesome looking. Good luck with the coloring. Can't wait to see the final image.

Asier M. López said...

yeah sinclair!! Great!! looking forward the colored one.

Mark Sinclair said...

Thanks guys! This one was an uphill battle all the way...

Unknown said...

For a battle you sure make it look easy. Again awesome job...Make sure to post your color work when you get it done.