Monday, January 14, 2008

This is a great idea

I was hoping Schoolism would be starting something up like this!

My name is Brett. I've recently finished up Silver's class on Character Design (and loved it!) Today I started the self-taught version of Bobby's class on digital painting (I needed a good excuse to upgrade my version of PhotoShop).
As far as my art background goes, I am mostly self-taught, having only taken a few comicbook-style drawing classes when I was in 6th grade or so. I was pretty fanatic about drawing and painting all through high school also, but had mainly focused on technique rather than design. I kind of stopped drawing through my 20s and 30s and focused on my career as a software engineer. So now here I am in my mid-life crisis and trying to revive my rusty skills.

I am very interested in hand-drawn animation and my main goal is to produce independent hand-drawn animated films.

I am also an amateur musician and am producing a CD of my band Alhazred and also compose orchestral music. You can check out my main blog for more details!

My website is at http://www.electricminstrel.com


-- Brett

No comments: