Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bobby Chiu - Week 3 - His name is Pookey!



Hello Everybody. Crazy week for me here. So crazy assignment I did. Nothing planed, it just happened along the way. I really think sometimes I am a very very very big idiot when it comes to love. So when doing this assignment, I could not keep feelings aside. So here I did it. Bobby's creature just made me think of how small stuff and love can kill. 
In the beginning I thought I will hate the technique, because I love the line in the drawing, but it proved to be very cool! I like it. Took me something like 7 hours. During all night.

6 comments:

fatjester said...

Great Job! I had a lot of trouble with the subtle transitions in the folds, but you handled them very well.

Alex Constantin "John Marimoto" said...

To tell you honestly, I don't really like the folds on the back in the light side, right in the center of the body near the heart, because they look not so organic and I just don't feel them right.... too graphic maybe. But ok, thanks! I also like what I did overall. I was surprised to see in the end what you can do with this technique! Really cool. With layers can be tricky. I got some issues there.

Zsoldos P├ęter said...

Nice job! It is a full story of Hamlet. :)

Knox said...

ha! i almost missed the love heart on his ass....

great work man. Good to see you take it further than the video.

Alex Constantin "John Marimoto" said...

You are right! I wanted to put it on his ass but after few try outs it didn't worked compositionally in the picture and on the character. But maybe I should try a new angle...

Tim Bye said...

Awesome work - really impressive stuff